The Orpheus Choir of Toronto invites applications from advanced vocal students and young vocal professionals
WHAT IS A SIDGWICK SCHOLAR?
If you have a passion for singing, are pursuing vocal studies and enjoy choral music, audition as a Sidgwick Scholar with the Orpheus Choir and become part of one of Toronto’s finest choral ensembles.
Our Sidgwick Scholars:
- act as section leads
- perform as soloists throughout the concert season
- earn rehearsal honorarium and performance fees for solos
- and receive coaching from Artistic Director Thomas Burton.
You’ll join a tight-knit group of people with similar interests who grow together as musicians and friends, finding joy in singing and sharing the sense of pride and accomplishment that comes with every performance.
The Orpheus season runs from Labour Day to mid-May and typically comprises four season concerts plus occasional outside hires.
Be a part of this innovative singing experience and follow in the footsteps of Michael Colvin, Wallis Giunta, Patricia O’Callaghan, James Westman, Vasil Garvanliev, Leslie Anne Bradley, Michael Ciufo and many more young emerging vocalists who have gone on to successful singing careers.
Tuesday evenings 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Yorkminster Park Baptist Church (Yonge & St Clair.)
HOW DO I AUDITION?
- Note: Auditions are now open for the 2022/2023 season.
- Complete and submit the online application form. We will contact you to confirm we have received your application.
- In this period of Covid-19 personal-distancing, and while we are unable to hear prospective singers in a live audition, we invite you to send in a personal video. Perform two contrasting selections that demonstrate your voice, its quality and range, to best advantage.
- Please upload two recent video recordings (made after October 1, 2021) to YouTube as an UNLISTED video and either email us the link or enter it in the online application form.
- Positions will remain open until filled, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- A follow-up video appointment with Artistic Director Robert Cooper will be arranged with successful applicants where you will be asked to sing scales to determine your range, sight read, and perform a rhythm test.
- Once personal-distancing has been lifted, we will resume live auditions.
For further details, please call Helen Coxon at 416 420-9660 or contact us at email@example.com